The Club will be called Phoenix Motorhome Club Ireland.
2. Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of the club will be:
· To promote pastime of Camping and Motorhoming in Ireland.
· To promote the club within all aspects of Camping and Caravanning in the community.
· To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club.
· To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone.
· Foster good fellowship and enjoyment of motor caravanning amongst members.
· Promote and arrange rallies, and weekend outings.
· Treat others with respect and courtesy wherever you are.
· Keep and leave your camp site clean and tidy
· Dispose of black and grey wastewater and rubbish in a sanitary and approved manner.
· Avoid causing visual or noise pollution, e.g. only use generators, stereos etc at appropriate times during the day
· Comply with Marshall’s instructions and Camping Site rules.
To ensure all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment.
Membership should consist of officers and members of the club.
All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the club will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of practice that the club has adopted.
Members will be enrolled in one of the following categories:
· Full member.
· Associate Member.
(This category was proposed at the A.G.M. on the 8/10/11 and was carried. It was proposed by the Committee because it has been brought to their attention that guests at rallies would not be covered by the club insurance as they are not members.
Associate membership would rectify this as they would be members. They would have no voting rights or would not be able to make proposals for election to committee etc.
The cost would be €10-00 and would entitle the A/Member to attend at all rallies over the course of the season.
The A/Member would be entitled to apply for full membership if they attended six or more rallies during the season and would be given full membership if a vacancy was available.)
4. Membership fees
Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the Executive/Management Committee or determined at the Annual General Meeting.
Fees will be paid: by 1st December each year.
5. Officers of the club
The officers of the club will be:
· Vice Chairperson.
· Honorary Secretary.
· Web Master
Officers will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
All officers will retire each year but will be eligible for re-appointment up to a total of three years in any one position but may be eligible to stand for another position.
6. Trustees of the club
V. The Club at its A.G.M. shall elect three trustees from among their current membership to whom the management of the club’s property and equipment is committed and entrusted for the benefit of the club’s members. All the trustees will be suitably insured, indemnified and protected from any technical, legal penalties or liabilities that they may be compelled to incur. Any trustee who ceases to be a member of the club immediately ceases to be a trustee, and the club committee shall have powers to co-opt a replacement trustee in the interim if deemed necessary, with all the appropriate indemnification provided.
VI. To be eligible for election as a trustee of the Club, the nominee must be a full member or an honorary member of the Club for at three years and may not be elected as a member of the Club Committee during his/her term of office.
VII. The office of any trustee shall be vacated by such trustee resigning there from, or on ceasing to be a member of the Club, or on being removed from office by a resolution at an A.G.M. or E.G.M. of the Club.
VIII. One trustee shall normally represent the trustees as observer to the Club Committee. If they so wish, all trustees may attend Committee meetings. The trustee shall not have a vote.
IX. The Trustees shall hold office for a period of three years or until they resign, cease to be Full Members or Honorary members or are removed from office by resolution of a General Meeting of The Club. Trustees shall retire, in rotation, one every year, and will be eligible for reappointment. Nominations for trustees shall be proposed and seconded by full members of the Club. A copy of the list of nominations shall be available to each member who attends the A.G.M.; said list shall act as a ballot paper.
The club will be managed through the Officers of the Club consisting of:
· Vice Chairperson.
· Honorary Secretary.
· Web Master.
· Only these posts will have the right to vote at meetings of the Club Committee.
· The Club Committee will be convened by the Secretary of the club and held no less than four meetings per year.
· The quorum required for business to be agreed at Club Committee meetings will be: four (4) members (50% of the committee plus one).
· The Club Committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of practice and rules that affect the organisation of the club.
· The Club Committee will have powers to appoint sub-committees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Committee as necessary to fulfil its business.
· The Club Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the club rules/regulations/constitution. The Management Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.
All club monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the club.
The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club.
The financial year of the club will end on 30th AUGUST EACH year.
An audited statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting.
Any cheques drawn against club funds should hold the signatures of the Treasurer plus up to two other officers.
9. Annual General meetings
Notice of Annual General Meetings will be given by the Club Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days notice to be given to all members.
The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Management Committee and a statement of the audited accounts.
Nominations for officers of the Club Committee will be sent to the Secretary seven days prior to the AGM.
Elections of officers are to take place at the AGM. All members have the right to vote at the AGM.
The quorum for AGMs will be 25% of the membership.
The Club Committee has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs) outside the AGM. Procedures for EGMs will be the same as for the AGM.
10. Discipline and appeals
All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be presented and submitted in writing to the Secretary.
The Club Committee will meet to hear complaints within seven days of a complaint being lodged. The committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within seven days of the hearing.
There will be the right of appeal to the Trustees following disciplinary action being announced. The Trustees should consider the appeal within seven days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.
A resolution to dissolve the club can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership.
In the event of dissolution, any assets of the club that remain will be divided equally among the members after all outstanding debts are paid.
12. Amendments to the constitution
The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote at an AGM or EGM.
Officers for 2016/2017
· Chairperson: Kieran Donovan
· Vice Chairperson: Denis White
· Honorary Secretary: Billy Cooney
· Treasurer: Helen Sisk
· Pro: Colin McCarthy
TRUSTEE (1 Year) Frank Lee
TRUSTEE (2 Year) Robert Sheehan
TRUSTEE (3 Year) Finbar Lucy